So many people have heard that leg vein clots can break off, travel to the lungs, and result in a fatality, that almost any symptom below the groin may induce real anxiety. At least once or twice a week, I evaluate a complaint that simply does not arise from diseased circulation. Some of these include… Read More »
Cosmetic and Symptomatic Vein Treatment in Southern California
Dr. Wayne Gradman established the Beverly Hills Vein Center in Century City, Los Angeles to bring the very best minimally invasive treatments to patients with varicose and spider veins.
Treatment of leg vein disorders has dramatically changed for the better in the past few years. Elegant new techniques eliminate the need for “stripping” and large incisions. These advances result in few or no incisions, no need for an anesthesiologist, and immediate resumption of all activities including exercise.
The Art of Getting You Into Shorts
The Beverly Hills Vein Center offers the following procedures:
- Dr. Gradman’s personal evaluation, diagnostic ultrasound, and treatment plan at your first visit.
- Comprehensive treatment of spider veins (telangiectasias) and varicose veins.
- Laser closure of the saphenous vein with the state-of-the-art ThermaLite 1470 laser.
- Radiofrequency (RF) and VenaSeal (glue) closure of the saphenous vein.
- Sclerotherapy including foam sclerotherapy for spider veins and underlying blue reticular veins.
- Microphlebectomy of large varicose veins.
- Treatment of hand, arm, and chest veins.
- VeinGogh thermocoagulation of small red facial (thread) veins.
- Safe sclerotherapy of blue veins around the eyes and on the temple (but not the forehead).
- Nitrous oxide (laughing gas) for the needle-phobic patient.
- Evaluation of patients with vein thrombosis and venous ulcers.
In The News
All the vein procedures I do, from cosmetic injections to advanced stent placement for severely obstructed veins are done safely in my office. Some, however, involve multiple needle sticks that discourage some people from seeking the treatment they both need and want. Although the majority of patients I see ranging from teenagers to 80+ year-olds… Read More »
Around age 50 many women develop prominent blue veins beneath and adjacent to either eye. These veins age and considerably distress many women, especially here in the heart of the entertainment industry. Most dermatologists, plastic surgeons, and oculoplastic (eyelid) surgeons do not know that injecting these veins is both effective and safe. As a result,… Read More »